Saturday, August 17, 2013

What is Setting the Moral High Ground of Today?

I grew up, or am growing up, during a period of time when popularity of organized religion is declining.  However, because I was raised in the church, when faced with a moral dilemma I have "God" to help me with my decision making.  Now, I am not saying how much I believe in God, I certainly am not going to give a sermon and I am definitely not going to turn this blog into a religious venue.  I do want to say, though, that because of this upbringing, I was given a good moral platform.  I do believe there are other ways to obtain this platform (living with love), but this is how I first received mine.  I also see that with the decline of organized religion, I do not see anything coming to take its place.  Therefore, we are losing an avenue for people in our society to gain this perspective.  But, we really only need one avenue to reach the highest level of happiness.  I believe that in order to reach true happiness, you must live with love.  Love toward ALL  people and the world.  If making decisions based on this thought, you would never be put into a moral predicament that you couldn't easily solve.  Taking the path to happiness by living with love means acting with kindness, being compassionate and finding warmth in your heart for all, for everything.  

Be kind to someone and they will be kind to you.  In that moment, your world will be at peace and your mind will be free to accept greater things, like happiness!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts, suggestions, advice, etc., are all very important to me and help me to grow. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.