Friday, August 16, 2013

The Right Frame Of Mind

I often wonder about how certain things like chemicals in processed foods, pesticides, etc., effect my body.  I almost never wonder how negative emotions like jealously, anger, etc., effect my mind.  Where or what do these emotions lead to?  Hatred?  How can I work to eliminate or reduced my negative emotions?  How can I focus, support and grow the positive emotions? 

Like happiness manifests on to others, hatred and other negative emotions can too.  We are creating and supporting our own environments.  It is because we have the ability to learn and the choice of perspective that we can decide to choose happiness.  Imagine if everyone chose to make decisions that led to happiness, true happiness not just pleasure, what a peaceful world we would live in.  What kind, caring and compassionate neighbors we would have! 

There have been studies that have shown that the more unhappy a person is, the more self-focused they are.  On the other hand, happier people have shown to be more giving, compassionate and kind.  Therefore, learning to cultivate our positive emotions, reaching higher levels of happiness and letting that happiness manifest truly is good for the world.  All we need to do is learn to categorize these emotions as negative (leading to hatred) or positive (leading to happiness).  Then we need to practice alway choosing the positive and releasing the bad.  

What negativity did you let go of today?

 

2 comments:

  1. Your enlightening contemplations make me wish life could be that simple. When I read this it is relaxing. I didn't get rid of any negativity today but I had it pushed aside for a little while with you appreciating my writing. That is a very good feeling.
    Ron Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, thank you again. You finding this relaxing is the greatest of compliments. However, I find your work motivating, which is a great compliment as well. You have talent my friend. Warm smiles to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, suggestions, advice, etc., are all very important to me and help me to grow. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.