Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happiness? A constant journey.

Happiness?  I believe I am happy but while taking stock of my life in general and my life on a general day to day basis, I had two very different results to report.  In general, I am lucky to consistently have enough.  I am able to do and afford things I enjoy like traveling, eating at nice restaurants, etc.   On a general day to day basis, however, I place to much value in materialistic items and ideals which actually lessen the quality or level of my happiness.  Does true happiness exist?  How do you reach the highest level and then remain there?  Where do the negative people go?  This is my journey through and beyond The Art of Happiness, a Handbook for Living by the  Dalai Lama and Howard C. Cutlet, M.D.  

What did you do to make yourself happy today? 


2 comments:

  1. I think for happiness to exist it has to be shared with someone you care about.

    I didn't do anything to make myself happy today because I have nobody to share it with. Right or wrong, companionship is what makes being happy worth having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, I believe you, yourself, are worthy of happiness. While I believe that happiness has a way of manifesting itself to others, I don't think that just because you don't have a certain someone you should be unhappy, do you? I like to share smiles with strangers, not because I care about them but because I care about everyone. Perspective, my friend! It takes everyone and you are someone, you are unique and you too should be happy. Do something special for yourself or do something special for someone, in the end you will win!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, suggestions, advice, etc., are all very important to me and help me to grow. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.